This recipe is super easy, low calorie, and really freaking good.
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
5 medium carrots, circular slices
5 cups veggie broth
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
2-14 oz cans garbanzo beans (or about 1 pound cooked)
4-5 cups of greens (kale or swiss chard)
cracked pepper (or regular pepper, whatever.)
salt to taste
1. In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat olive oil, onion and garlic until the onions are slightly translucent; about 5 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and carrots and heat for another 3 or so minutes.
3. Add veggie broth, salt, basil and oregano and bring to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduced heat to simmer; add garbanzos and greens and cook for another 5 minutes. Add salt to taste, I didn’t need to add any to mine because the veggie broth I used already had enough.
5. remove from heat and let cool before serving, adjust salt to taste and top with cracked pepper.