I have really been neglecting my blog lately, and I have no legitimate excuse….except that I’m lazy.
But I did make this recipe 2 times last week! Its pretty tasty…I’ll probably make it again 2 times this week because I’m not creative enough to think of any new recipes lately. Enjoy!
1-2 teaspoons olive oil
8oz Seitan or tempeh
pinch of ginger powder
½ teaspoon paprika
Hawaiian Pineapple Curry Sauce:
6 tablespoons vegenaise
4 tablespoons greek plain coconut yogurt (or full fat coconut milk would work)
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of allspice
1 cup pineapple chunks
1/2 teaspoon salt
Whole Wheat tortillas
brown rice (I added my brown rice to a skillet with olive oil, diced carrots, 1/2 a diced yellow onion, and 1 tablespoon siracha)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, seitan/tempeh, ginger powder and paprika. Heat until the tempeh/seitan is golden brown. About 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl add vegenaise, coconut yogurt or full fat coconut milk, curry powder, cinnamon, allspice, pineapple and salt; mix well.
4. Add the seitan/tempeh to half the curry sauce and mix well.
5. Once the seitan/tempeh is done cooking. Place some in a warm whole wheat tortilla with black beans, diced tomatoes and brown rice. I like to add siracha as well.
6. With the remaining half of the curry sauce, I like to pour equal amounts over each burrito for added flavor.
Makes 3-4 burritos.