This stroganoff is so good that when I first tried it, I almost had a seizure.
Warning: If you make this, you might end up eating all three servings in one sitting. Don’t be a fat-ass like I was and do try to restrain yourself… ;-)
4 cups uncooked brown rice fusilli pasta (used Trader Joe’s Brand)
1 tablespoon vegan butter (I used earth balance)
4-6 oz seitan, chopped into bite-size pieces (I used West Soy brand)
½ yellow onion, coarsely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
4 cups fresh kale
2 + 2 tablespoons veggie broth
1 cup vegan sour cream
1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon thyme
1. In a large pot, bring water to boil, add pasta and cook uncovered for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Once cooked, drain pasta and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Once butter is melted, add seitan, onion, paprika and salt; let cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Next, add 2 tablespoons of the veggie broth and the kale, stirring constantly until the kale is fully reduced.
4. Reduce to low heat and add vegan sour cream, dijon mustard, garlic powder, nutritional yeast and thyme. Mix thoroughly, if the sauce is too thick you can add the remaining 2 tablepoons of veggie broth (or more to your liking).
5. Remove from heat, add pasta to the sauce and mix well. Serve immediately.
Makes 2-3 servings
Cook time 20 minutes